before we begin...
- Like life itself, this document is fluid and unfinished.
- Existence precedes essence.
- Some of what you read may be foreign propaganda planted by [wait.hacking.] operatives.
- Other writing was crafted by Facebook's content generation AI.
- It is ...
once we've started...
- I'm Matt Baer
- I make things on the internet and do other things, too
- As with all things on the internet, verify sources, question the author's authority, and don't take this too seriously.
* * *
- Irma. Some flooding in northeast Florida. September 2017.
- Software is People, or, what software would you be friends with?
- Doors — a photo series on Snap.as. May 2016.
- #shouldvestayedhome — selfies from the underwhelming world outside. Preview.
- Write.as — simple blogging / text publishing. Start writing.
- HTMLhouse — publish some HTML. Create a site.
the passage of time
I take the quaint pastime of watching the clouds go by and speed it up for you. See time-lapses from a beach in Florida and places in Italy and a hotel in Honolulu.
the frozen moments
Couldn't afford an iPhone 7; stuck shooting on a camera from 1985.
See the gallery here.
the written thoughts
Most of my concerns are Trending on Facebook. But when my squishy human body distracts me from my Twitter feed, or my iPad or phone dies and some original thought comes to mind, I publish it on Write.as.
2008 – 2014 saw a diverse range of facial hair styles that inspired both awe and slight nauseousness in anyone within eyeshot.
Gallery coming soon.
the data collection
Since you've scrolled this far, I've grouped you with the 0% of visitors who also scrolled this far. You, like them, have an affinity for ..., and recently connected to the ... Wi-Fi access point. We see you access the web from your current location frequently.
We'll pass your browsing habits on to our favorite advertising purveyor, ... for remarketing.
While I wait for code-writing AI to take my job, I program for fun and pine for the days of punchcards, chanting: It can be this way forever! The computers will do what I say...
- make medium readable again - a browser extension to make the Medium reading experience less annoying.
- punctuation - extract only punctuation from a body of text.
- siteshot - simple web application for capturing website screenshots.
- htmlhouse - web application for quick, anonymous HTML publishing.
- nerds - telnet server enabling users to publish text online.
* * *
- interesting links
- what I haven't finished reading
- what I haven't started watching
- a professional persona
Want to talk or type? Find me in real life or via email, respectively.
echo bWF0dEBiYWVyLndvcmtzCg== | base64 --decode or (if you don't know what to do with that) combine:
- My first name
- That little "mention" symbol used on any other disruptive ad-based social media platform of the attention economy
- This domain name
PGP key on Keybase. Bite-sized complaints about software on Twitter.